Date:      Fri, 08 May 2009 14:57:48 +0000
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Autofs howto

--On Thursday, May 07, 2009 22:16:01 -0500 Jason Garrett <kingedgar@gmail.com>
wrote:

> While cryptic, It has worked well for me with multiple FreeBSD and Linux
> hosts on my network.

Hopefully it will work well for me too.  However, I am struggling with the
documentation, trying to figure out how to translate the developer-speak into
normal human language.

Here's what one of our guys is using on linux (I changed the hostname to
foobar):

cat /etc/auto.master
/home   ldap //foobar.utdallas.edu/nismapname=auto_home,dc=utdallas,dc=edu
nfsvers=3 proto=tcp
/proj   ldap //foobar.utdallas.edu/nismapname=auto_proj,dc=utdallas,dc=edu
nfsvers=3 proto=tcp
/net    -hosts

So how do I tranlsate that into FreeBSD amd conf and map files?  It's got me
stumped.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst
Check the headers before clicking on Reply.