Date:      20 Mar 1998 16:12:27 -0800
From:      Faried Nawaz <fn@pain.Hungry.COM>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: screen, delete.

I wrote:

  I connect from my home machine (2.2.5, running XFree86 3.3.1, via ssh) to
  the -stable machine.  When I'm not running screen, I can hit the delete key
  and applications see that as \127.  When I run the same applications under
  screen, they see ^[[3~.  With 2.2.5 or 2.2.2, hitting delete under screen
  sends \127.

It seems that hitting delete sends \127 when I use NCSA's telnet client
(under DOS), under screen.  I'm doing

    DOS machine -> telnet -> 2.2.5 machine -> ssh -> -stable machine

It seems that both the "screen" and "xterm" entries in the termcap
changed between 2.2.5 and -stable.  I'll try playing around with them.

--
 faried.