Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:13:49 +0400
From:      Vlad Skvortsov <vss@ulstu.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to unmount staled NFS

	Hello.

	We have several servers all exporting NFS and mounting NFS file
	systems from remote servers. During an upgrade we had to reboot one
	server so that filesystems it had exported became staled.

	I have filesystem /var/mail.backup mounted on server mx1 from mx2.
	umount /var/mail.backup and umount -f /var/mail.backup hang forever.
	ls /var/mail.backup hangs.

	I have already killed all nfsiods on client and nfsds on server, but
	I _still_ cannot unmount it. Is there any ways of doing it without
	rebooting the server ?

	NFS server runs 3.4-STABLE as of 19 Apr, NFS client runs 3.3-R.

	[please CC answer to me, I'm not on the list]

--
Vlad Skvortsov, vss@ulstu.ru