Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:18:07 -0500
From:      "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror does not initialize properally

Andrew Snow wrote:

> Sorry, I meant "label -h" instead of just plain "label"... was getting
> confused with gstripe.

No matter what I attempt to do with the source drive (ad8) I get
oprtation not permitted... it lets me install the slave drive (ad14)
just fine:

flosoft# gmirror label -h -vb round-robin gm0 /dev/ad14
Metadata value stored on ad14.
Done.
flosoft# gmirror status
      Name    Status  Components
mirror/gm0  COMPLETE  ad14
flosoft# gmirror insert gm0 /dev/ad8
gmirror: Cannot access provider ad8.
flosoft# gmirror insert gm0 /dev/ad8s2
gmirror: Provider ad8s2 too small.
flosoft# gmirror insert gm0 /dev/ad8s2a
gmirror: Provider ad8s2a too small.
flosoft# gmirror label -vb round-robin gm0 /dev/da0
gmirror: Can't get informations about /dev/da0: No such file or directory.
flosoft# gmirror label -vb round-robin gm0 /dev/ad8
gmirror: Can't store metadata on /dev/ad8: Operation not permitted.