Date:      Thu, 29 May 2014 06:34:55 +0000
From:      Anuranjan Shukla <anshukla@juniper.net>
To:        "mike@karels.net" <mike@karels.net>, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org Arch" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Roadmap for ifnet(9) for FreeBSD 11

On Rui=B9s question, if I understand it right, yes we=B9ll work on the patc=
based on comments and feedback. As is obvious, Juniper=B9s network stack ha=
its own set of the drvapi functions that do very different things in some
cases. One intent in the submission is to agree upon the API itself as a
first step, because further along we are in our production/shipping cycles
with this change the harder it=B9ll be to pull off fundamental changes ther=
e.