Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:57:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annoying messages on startup..

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Nowhere near as annoying as "tagged openings now xx".
>
> I don't like this error much either (especially since it generates
> tech support questions on USENET and other places from users going
> "Aieee!  What does this mean?!") but I was overruled on the issue by
> arguments that it was still providing useful information about drives
> that didn't really handle multiple tags as well as their spec sheets
> claimed.

I never saw less than 62 with Seagates and IBMs on three
different boxes.  Now I just change

	if (bootverbose || 1) {
	if (bootverbose || crs->openings < 50) {

everytime cam_xpt.c gets updated and I don't see it at all.  If I
do I know Something Bad is happening.

Since bootverbose will turn it on for those folks who need it
what's the point in spamming everyone's consoles?  Just 'cause
it's flu season is no reason for _everyone_ to constantly use a
rectal thermometer.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null