Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:02:24 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Bill Sandiford <bill@interlinks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help installing FreeBSD 2.2.6

>>I am trying to install freebsd 2.2.6 from ftp download (I don't have a
>>cdrom)
>>
>>After I setup all the partitions etc I come to the interface screen.  I
>>fill out all the appropriate host names ip addresses etc.  When I press ok
>>It comes up saying
>>
>>Adding Default route to 207.107.160.10.
>>
>>It stays on this screen and will not go any farther.
>>
>>Please help...This is one of my critical servers that I am trying to
>>install and I am totally lost on this one.
>
>   It's probably trying to contact the nameserver (and not succeeding). Try
>typing ctrl-C to get past that.

   Oops, that's not going to work (I really should read messages more
carefully before replying! Sorry). Someone else suggested that you try
putting the IP address of the server in instead of the name so that DNS
isn't used to resolve it...this might work. The IP address of wcarchive is
165.113.121.81.

-DG

David Greenman