Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:39:54 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   creating a dedicated portion of bandwidth with ipfw and dummynet

Greetings IPFW list.

Is it possible to dedicate a portion of bandwidth to a rule so that
regardless of how cramped a connection gets, a defined amount can be
reserved for a particular packet flow, for instance ssh?

I figured out how to 'prioritize' using queues thanks to this little
tutorial:
http://ezunix.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewar
ticle&artid=36&page=1

But I'd like to be able to dedicate a small amount of bandwidth that nothing
else would be able to use, regardless of how saturated the link got.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, or pointers to good reading for
improving my dummynet skills

Yours,

Peter Brezny
purplecat.net