Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:45:15 +0100
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org>
To:        Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek@szalbot.homedns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: periodic, short freezes

--------------enig4FC6C480176413DD5A398F73

On 10/11/2006 14:29, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:
>=20
>> Just a shot in the dark, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet:
>>
>> have you used any variables affecting kernel compilation, especially
>> CPUTYPE, CFLAGS, COPTFLAGS? I remember seeing some strange effects
>> when I messed with them too much (we've all been there, haven't we? ;)=

>=20
> Thank you for this hint. I have checked the conf file. I do not have an=
> of the options you mention. The only reference to CPU that I have is:
>=20
> cpu             I686_CPU
>=20
> But that's probably too obvious, isn't it?

That's the kernel configuration. I686_CPU should be(?) fine on most
i386 processors but you may check that.

However I was asking about variables affecting the compilation process
itself. Most of the time they're set in /etc/make.conf (If you're not
sure make that file available via HTTP or post it's content to the list).=

> BTW - I put your domain on a whitelist as your email to me was rejected=

> by my MTA (sorry about that). Thank you again for your help!

No problem, I'm used to that. It's a part of 'fun' when running a mail
server on dynamic IP...

HTH,

Karol

--=20
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>