Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:56:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Circular dependency in devel/doxygen?

>From Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>:

> The circular dependancy is being caused by audio/jack,
> graphics/graphviz and devel/sdl12:

> audio/pulseaudio
>  - audio/jack
>  -- devel/doxygen
>  --- graphics/graphviz
>  ---- graphics/devil
>  ----- devel/sdl12
>  ------ audio/pulseaudio

> There are several ways to break the circular dependancy:

> 1. Turn the DOC option OFF for audio/jack.
> 2. define NOPORTDOCS when installing devel/doxygen (breaks dependancy
> on graphics/graphviz)
> 3. Turn the DEVIL option OFF for graphics/graphviz
> 4. Turn the PULSEAUDIO option OFF for devel/sdl12

I already had DEVIL off for graphics/graphviz.

Browsing http://www.freshports.org/commits.php shortly after midnight UTC, I found an update to audio/jack, so I later ran

portsnap fetch update

How do you define NOPORTDOCS, do you insert "-D NOPORTDOCS" in 'make' command, like
make -D NOPORTDOCS package-recursive | & tee build.log
which would save packages in addition to installing?

What does NOPORTDOCS do in devel/doxygen?  Do I lose a lot of important documentation?  What is "doxywizard"?

Having DOCS option on in audio/jack adds an intimidating load of dependencies, as I found through
make missing | more

maybe more than the ports framework can handle?

Tom