Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:33:17 +0000
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RIP routing protocol implementation is FreeBSD?

Hi there,

does anyone know if there's an implementation of the RIP version 2
routing protocol in FreeBSD???

I would like to use it to exchange routes with my Cisco 857W router as
the BSD machine will provide routing for a virtual test network in VBox.

I did check out the handbook for the enable_routerd="YES" and have used
that before as default gateway of 'last-resort' with NAT but never RIP
as don't wana use NAT in this case.

OpenBSD definitely has it but since am more familiar with FreeBSD I
thought let's try here first :-)

Can anyone help me out?

Regards,

Kaya