Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:05:50 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Zeo Smeijsters <Zeo@Zaleo.nl>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Asus A7V and Realtek

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 05:30:43PM +0200, Zeo Smeijsters wrote:
> 	I have a running FreeBSD ver. 4.2 on my Asus A7V Mobo.
> Everything works fine, now I'm ready to connect my FreeBSD System to the
> network. Want to make a Samba File server and Nat DialUp server from it.
>
> Normally (on my work) the Realtek NIC automatic shows up in the network
> setup from /stand/sysinstall. But not this time, the only difference is
> that I'm using an AMD system this time.

My A7V's BIOS gave me the worst trouble of any MB since before there
were onboard battery backed BIOS config utilities. Its fool default
concept of PCI resource allocation worked in NT4, barely. Gave FreeBSD
fits.

Start by disabling "PnP Operating System" in the BIOS. If that's not
enough start manually allocating PCI resources and interupts to your
slots.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net