Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:25:34 +0200
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

dick hoogendijk writes:

> Wrong. Windows does /not/ work correctly with the firmware if you let it
> use it's own drivers (like FreeBSD does). /Both/ OS's choke then!

Sorry, but that's incorrect. For eight years I ran a completely standard
retail version of Windows NT on the machine, straight off the shelf. No
special drivers required. I never had any problems.

> Right. Plus Windows as well as FreeBSD will run on it flawlessly.

I haven't tried Windows on a home-made box, but FreeBSD seems to run
on it without any trouble.  Apparently FreeBSD does have a problem with
the on-board gigabit Ethernet interface on this motherboard, but I just
plugged in my existing 3Com 100 Mbps Ethernet card and configured that
instead, and the problem went away.

> So what's your point in all those previous messages if you knew so
> well what was the correct attitude in buying hardware?

My point was that FreeBSD doesn't work on the machine.  I wanted to know
why.  I still don't know why it doesn't work on the machine.  Apparently
nobody here really knows how FreeBSD works.

--
Anthony