Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 17:25:19 -0500
From:      "Travis Leuthauser" <travis@winconx.com>
To:        "Brennan W Stehling" <brennan@offwhite.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sound blaster and snd0

Here's what I've got on my 3.4 box with an ISA PnP Sound Blaster 64

In /boot/kernel.conf

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388  irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x200
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20

In kernel config

controller pnp0
controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device awe0 at isa? port 0x620
device joy0 at isa? port "IO_GAME"

That works perfectly for me in and out of x with enlightenment.  Plays audio
cd's, mp3's, and pretty much whatever else you need.

Hope that points you a little closer to where you need to be.

Travis Leuthauser
Network Administrator
DDS Group