Date:      Mon, 05 May 1997 21:33:52 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        chad@anasazi.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.1.8 Release

> I also must admit I have found no use for the "live filesystem" CD-ROM
> in my subscription.  I freely admit that might be different if I didn't

Actually, the live filesystem CDROM is finding more use as:

A boot filesystem (yep, believe it or not, you can even sort of do
this now with DEVFS) for truly interesting stand-alone configurations.

A repair tool.  With sysinstall's fixit option, you can now mount the
CD as your toolset and basically repair just about anything on a
FreeBSD system.  You've got *all* the tools available, just as if you
had a rescue root+usr filesystem available on a shoebox drive or
something.  Don't knock it 'till you've needed it at 3am. :-)

> That being said, here's what I'd prefer for my CD-ROM buying dollar.
> Yes, please, make a 2.1.8 release.  I'm assuming it would be essentally

That said, I still suppose I could make 2.1.8 a single CD set.  If you
want to rescue yourself, you can still use your 2nd CD from 2.1.7.

					Jordan