Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:34:05 -0500
From:      Richard Brooksby <rb@geodesic.com>
To:        Juergen Nickelsen <ni@tellique.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Geodesic System Administrators <sysadmins@geodesic.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems with DPT SCSI controller

Juergen Nickelsen wrote:

> Richard Brooksby wrote:
>
> > We have a DPT SmartRAID IV Ultra.  It appears to work OK, but when we
> > started transferring our data to the RAID we got kernel messages
> > warning of DPT errors and "salvaging ... from the jaws of
> > destruction".
>
> 2.2.7, which has just been released, has an updated DPT driver. I don't
> know if it fixes your problem (I am totally ignorant in this respect),
> but you may want to try it.

Thanks for the advice.

I've done a diff of the new DPT driver sources and there don't appear to be
many differences.  Here are the highlights.  It's not clear that this will
help us at all, but if anyone knows differently I'd like to hear from you.

224a218,230
>     for ( ndx = 0; ndx < 256; ndx ++ )
> 	  dpt->performance.min_command_time[ndx] = BIG_ENOUGH;
>
>     dpt->performance.min_intr_time     = BIG_ENOUGH;
>     dpt->performance.min_waiting_time  = BIG_ENOUGH;
>     dpt->performance.min_submit_time   = BIG_ENOUGH;
>     dpt->performance.min_complete_time = BIG_ENOUGH;
>     dpt->performance.min_eata_tries    = BIG_ENOUGH;
>
>     for (ndx = 0; ndx < 10; ndx++ ) {
> 	    dpt->performance.read_by_size_min_time[ndx] = BIG_ENOUGH;
> 	    dpt->performance.write_by_size_min_time[ndx] = BIG_ENOUGH;
>     }
308,310d313
< #ifdef DPT_USE_DPT_SWI
<     if ( pci_map_int(config_id, dpt_intr, (void *) dpt, &bio_imask) == 0 ) {
< #else
312d314
< #endif