Date:      2 Dec 1998 13:46:41 +0100
From:      Graeme Brown <graeme.brown@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD-Net (FreeBSD.Org) List" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: How can I write a packet directly to an Ethernet NIC ?layer

To: 'net@FreeBSD.ORG'
From: Caroline Beauchamps on Wed, Dec 2, 1998 1:11 pm

Hello,

I have a program made for Linux, and I want to transform it for FreeBSD.
The problem is that some of the options don't exist in FreeBSD.
What I want to do is to send an ethernet packet, so I open the following
socket:

sockid=socket (AF_INET, SOCK_PACKET, htons(ETH_P_802_3))

But SOCK_PACKET does not exist.
Do you have an idea what I could use instead ?
Thanks in advance.

Caroline Beauchamps