Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 10:02:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Anders Chr. Skoe" <skoe@owlnet.rice.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still trouble with 10baseT/UTP on 21140 (Znyx ZX346)

Hi all -

I've browsed through a good number of the old postings now, but
still haven't found anything that fully resolves my problem...

I'm trying to force my Znyx ZX346 21140A to run at 10mbs, NOT 100mbs, but
things just aren't working out for me.  I'm running 3.2., and using
if_de.c - last modified by 'luigi' on 1999/03/18.  As far as I know, the
command "ifconfig de1 media 10baseT/UTP" should change the speed, but
nope, that doesn't work.  'ifconfig de1' shows that this media type should
be supported (the output below is for a successful 100mbs link):

de1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.10.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.10.255
        ether 00:c0:95:e0:61:79
        media: 100baseTX status: active
        supported media: autoselect 100baseTX 10baseT/UTP

I'm connecting my host directly to another machine (with the same setup) -
specifying 10baseT/UTP at both ends doesn't help.  The connection
works fine at 100mbs. Funny thing is, if I connect either of the machines
to "the wall" (our local 10baseT network), is works happily at 10mbs.

if_de.c driver, but as far as I can tell I have the latest version.  Is
there something I'm missing - or is there a newer driver?  Thanks for any
input...

Anders