Date:      Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:53:13 -0800
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading to 60 question.

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 07:16,  the author RW contributed to the dialogue
on-
 Re: Upgrading to 60 question.:

>On Tuesday 29 November 2005 14:01, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> The ports will continue to work, but you should update them when you
>> get a chance so that they link against the 6.0 libraries instead of
>> the old ones.
>
>One exception is nvidia-driver, you must remove the driver from loader.conf
>and rebuild against 6.0 before re-enabling it.

Umph

just checked loader.conf and the file is blank

Man nv(4) refers to the nvidia driver - I am not certain where/how the driver
is being loaded -- X must be using it!
any ideas?

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.