Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:39:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about rtld-elf. Anyone?.. Anyone?

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Julian Elischer wrote:

> What would be cool would be a signal handler for SIGUSR1
> or something that dumps out (to somewhere) a full thread state table.

Where have you been?  We've had that in libc_r, libthr (I
believe), and libpthread via SIGINFO :-)

The problem is that rtld-elf uses sigprocmask to block
all the signals within its critical regions, so only
SIGKILL works.  I've made some local changes to rtld-elf
just to test out different theories, but it's beyond me
(well, I don't really want to devote lots of time trying
to understand all the inner workings of it) to make the
kind of changes that jdp had mentioned.

--
Dan Eischen