Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2020 14:29:18 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dutchman01 <dutchman01@quicknet.nl>, cy@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nut-2.7.4_13

In message <20200324203107.GZ37073@home.opsec.eu>, Kurt Jaeger writes:
> Hi!
>
> > Is it an idea to switch NUT port so that it can use master sources from
> > https://github.com/networkupstools/nut for NUT port?
>
> Sure, do you have a patch/PR... ?
>
> > Right now we are missing 3 years of upstream code improvements, updated and
> > new drivers and bug fixes.
> >
> > An newer release will not see soon its light.
>
> Why is that the case ? What idea does the upstream have about
> another release ? What stops a new release ?

They haven't for a while.

slippy$ git tag | tail -1
v2.7.4
slippy$

Patches would be welcome. I started working on a -devel port in April 2019,
while waiting in an airport lounge. It wasn't a high priority at the time
as other higher priority projects have preempted what I started then. But
patches are certainly welcome and would hasten the work.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>