Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 00:43:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparz@iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware for FreeBSD ?

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Krzysztof Parzyszek wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 07:24:03PM -0500, Tim McMillen wrote:
> > I can get it running, but not well.
> I got it running and it runs pretty well. I have Windows NT4 inside of
> it. Networking (host only) works with no problems. I have a local
> network which is natd'ed, so NT can see the outside world. I had some
> trouble with sound from NT. Besides that and it being kind of slow I had
> no problems at all.

Are you able to use it as a normal user or is that not a good idea anyway?
It tells me failed to open /dev/hda permission denied.  Of course that
doesn't exist it's just because of linux emulation.  What device does it
refer to?  My hard drive ad0?  I did fail to get the vmware tools
installed.  Maybe I'll try that again and give it another go.

						Tim