Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 14:25:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
To:        FreeBSD Question <question@blink.dhs.org>
Cc:        Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>, Eric Lee Green <elgreen@iname.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq AudioPCI Not Werking

Wel, This didnt work for me either! Here is what i get relating to my sound
card in dmesg:

es1: <AudioPCI ES1370> rev 0x00 int a irq 9 on pci0.10.0
pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xdcc0
pcm0 not found

and in my kernel config file for STINKY i have:

device pcm0 at isa ? port ? tty irq 9 drq 1 flags 0x0

and if i 'cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV snd0' then cat /dev/audio i get:

root /dev# cat audio
cat: audio: Device not configured
root /dev# Aug 11 07:22:17 stinky /kernel: pcm0: unit not configured,
perhaps you want pcm1 ?
Aug 11 07:22:17 stinky /kernel: pcm0: unit not configured, perhaps you want
pcm1 ?

But if i './MAKEDEV snd1' and cat /dev/audio i get all the garbled garbage
like its working, but when i cat an .au to /dev/audio i dont get anything
in the speakers, not a pop or anything, any ideas on what im doing wrong?
this would be great if i could get it working
ps: If i turn 'pnp os' on or off in the bios, it performs the same way,
right now its 'off'