Date:      04 Jul 2001 09:13:48 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        marwan@q8internet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netbeui support ?

"Dead Line" <dead_line@hotmail.com> writes:

>     I would like to use the FreeBSD 4.2-release
>     as a server for a other 4 machines | windows 98 OS.
>
>     cables, HUB and everything is done.
>
>     This network doesnot use TCP/IP protocol, its just sharing computers
>     (Like novell)
>
>     I will need to access the BSD from the windows clients
>
>     what i should do to enable that,
>
>     Ddoes SAMBA support netbeui ?
>     all the windows machines will be netbeui enabled,

I would strongly suggest using tcp/ip on the windows machines. There
is no reason not to do this, even if you are just doing file and print
sharing. Netbeui is an evil, non-routable protocol.

Just assign each machine an IP address or setup a DHCP server on the
FreeBSD machine.

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk