Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mike <g434g434@yahoo.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   I am in TROUBLE! please advise

hello freebsd people,

I cvsup'd 4.1.1-stable source tree today and I got
very far accept something screwerd up which I do not
know how to fix.

I did everything in /usr/src/UPDATING said to do
now when I reboot my machine ..
wether I boot the old or new kernel .. I get error
messesage similar to this...

/* sorry I dont know exact error message
 * but I sure you understand
 */

Can't exec /usr/libexec/getty tty01
Can't exec /usr/libexec/getty tty02
Can't exec /usr/libexec/getty tty03
Can't exec /usr/libexec/getty tty04     /* etc */

to whatever the default number of tty's are.

SO I cannot login to my machine cept if I boot single
user mode. which Is good sign for me to fix .. but
what do I need to fix in getty and how .. I don't know
mistake I made or how to fix it ..

PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P.

thank you in advance
leon hevraan