Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:28:43 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@FreeBSD.ORG>, will@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: qt doesn't compile with -O

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:40:55AM -0500, a little birdie told me
that Will Andrews remarked

> I have heard many reports of problems with -CURRENT and QT.
> Unfortunately, I don't have a -CURRENT machine up-to-date enough to have
> GCC 2.95.3 installed (but may in the near future).  Nevertheless, I can
> test on ref5.FreeBSD.org, and will test your patch on my 4-STABLE
> machines as well to ensure that it doesn't break there.

On later looking, it's not just Qt, it seems to be only (and perhaps all)
ports that use C++.

Can't figure out which it was, but I was compiling another port that used
c++ as the compiler, and it puked in the same way.

Maybe it's a compiler issue in -CURRENT?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com