Date:      Tue, 09 May 95 13:31:52 GMT
From:      "gj%pcs.dec.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com" <garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com>
To:        rgrimes%gndrsh.aac.dev.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Cc:        hackers%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: This one looks very very suspecious to me....

> While going through all the -Wcomment errors I have found one that
> look very suspecious:
>
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb/freebsd-nat.c:489: warning: `/*' within comment
>
> This is the snip of code around that:
>
> static CORE_ADDR
> kvtophys (fd, addr)
> CORE_ADDR addr;
> {
>        CORE_ADDR v;
>	struct pte pte;
>	static CORE_ADDR PTD = -1;
>	CORE_ADDR current_ptd;
>
>	/*if (devmem && kfd > 0)
>		return (addr);
>	/*
>	 * If we're looking at the kernel stack,
>	 * munge the address to refer to the user space mapping instead;
>	 * that way we get the requested process's kstack, not the running one.
>	 */
>

> Now, did some one really mean to comment out the if (devmem) or is this
> an error????  Gdb experts please step forward and tell me to either
> close the comment after the if, or removed the comment start before it.

EEEK! Boy, did I f*ck that up !

This should definitely be commented out, or even better, totally removed.
This is a left-over from when I ported gdb many moons ago and was trying
out various things. Seems to me there may be a few more corpses like this
laying around in gdb, but as long as they don't start to stink....:-)

Gary J.