Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:47:44 -0500
From:      Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wi0 wi_seek timeout

Neil Camara wrote:

> Peter Radcliffe writes:
>
>> Neil Camara <neil-on-mobile@restricted.dyndns.org> probably said:
>>> How do I upgrade my firmware?
>>
>> Pointer to a windows installer here;
>>
>>   http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/index.html
>>

> This is actually what I've been reading this morning. But I am afraid that
> I might destroy the card. I found another link to the Intersil firmwares
> but I would like to confirm it first before I go ahead.
>
> Here is the link.
>
> http://www.netgate.com/support/prism_firmware/
>
> Can I use winupdate on these files? Has anyone tried the 1.7.4 version?
> What version do you recommend?

If you look at the table here: http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/IDtable.html

You can see what goes with what per component ID. If your drivers don't
list the component ID then I would probably make an educated guess and
try it with the WinUpdate utility.

The WinUpdate utility will then tell you which component ID you have before
it flashes the card. Just make sure it's correct.

I upgraded once from 1.4.2 to 1.4.9, and again from 1.4.9 to 1.7.4. So far
(two days) 1.7.4 is incredibly stable, but I don't do HostAP.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,