Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:57:48 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkg(ng)/portupgrade-devel: does not respect setting of USE_GCC= 4.6+

--------------enig3B3674019EC7B29566424257

I utilize FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT and build the OS with CLANG as well as
ports, which are compatible building with clang, using the well known
settings in /etc/make.conf and /etc/src/conf.

I use ports-mgmt/pkg (1.0-r6) and recently in combination with
ports-mgmt/portupgrade for maintaining my ports. Prior to portupgrade I
used to use ports-mgmt/portmaster (with patch).

In /etc/mak.conf, I include a file via

=2Einclude "/usr/local/etc/ports.conf" in which I have settings like thos=
e:

# math/fftw3
=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/math/fftw3}
USE_GCC=3D                4.6+
#CC=3D                    cc
#CXX=3D                   c++
#CPP=3D                   cpp
=2Eendif

This setup worked very well in pre-pkg(ng) times and with portmaster.
But now, with pkg, I can not install math/fftw3 anymore (amongst other
ports not compatible with CLANG). Performing "make install" in
math/fftw3 results in:

=3D=3D=3D>  fftw3-3.3.2 : clang does not support OpenMP. Disable the OPEN=
MP
option or use another compiler.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/fftw3.

Using portupgrade ends up in this:
 portupgrade -f math/fftw3
USING PKGNG
** Port marked as IGNORE: math/fftw3:
        : clang does not support OpenMP. Disable the OPENMP option or
use another compiler
** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
        - math/fftw3 (marked as IGNORE)

I'd like to have OPENMP since I have multicore CPUs running and
therefore I use GCC 4.6 (or higher), which is capable of.

Why does the use of pkg(ng) reject those essential settings? Have I
overlooked something essential? I can not find any remarks on that
subject in the man pages, or any hint leading towards a new configure
schematics. Any hint?

Regards and greetings,
Oliver

P.S. Please CC me in email, I do not subscribe list "ports@freebsd".