Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:50:01 GMT
From:      Raimundo Santos <raitech@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/179376: xhci ehci irq storm

The following reply was made to PR amd64/179376; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Raimundo Santos <raitech@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, michal@sviba.cz
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:45:34 -0200

 --001a1133de3837d7ab04e93faa05

 The same irq storm occurs here when I plug a monitor in my ISPs router,
 does not matter if the monitor is plugged via DVI, D-Sub (VGA) or HDMI.

 Because it is under production now, I can not test on it. I am using a
 custom kernel with ipfw fwd, verbosity and pass all, plus vimage enabled,
 but can confirm that an installation over a new machine came up with the
 same problem.

 Both machines are running 9.2-RELEASE, and both are over Gigabyte
 motherboards.

 To reproduce, does not need to go further: just boot an installation media,
 jump into shell and monitor irqs. Then, unplug the monitor from whatever
 kind of connector it is connected. Wait some seconds and plug it again. Now
 you got your own irq storrm!

 Make shure that the test machine has USB 3.0.

 Cheers,
 Raimundo Santos

 PS: my router was made over 9.1-RELEASE and I upgraded recently because of
 a bug with routes, aliases and multiple FIBs. But I have the same issue
 under 9.1-RELEASE.

 --001a1133de3837d7ab04e93faa05

 itor in my ISPs router, does not matter if the monitor is plugged via DVI, =
  not test on it. I am using a custom kernel with ipfw fwd, verbosity and pa=
 ss all, plus vimage enabled, but can confirm that an installation over a ne=
 w machine came up with the same problem.<br>

 ther: just boot an installation media, jump into shell and monitor irqs. Th=
 en, unplug the monitor from whatever kind of connector it is connected. Wai=
 t some seconds and plug it again. Now you got your own irq storrm!<br>

 r 9.1-RELEASE and I upgraded recently because of a bug with routes, aliases=
  and multiple FIBs. But I have the same issue under 9.1-RELEASE.<br>

 --001a1133de3837d7ab04e93faa05--