Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:50:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        joost@c-lab.de
Subject:   UltraStor 24F in rewrite for CAM, anybody docs for 124F (RAID!) ??

Somebody seems to have adapted the old UltraStor driver to CAM, and even
that somebody has asked for 24F for testing. I've here a nice, old 124F (yes,
the RAID one with 3 channels on NCR 53C710 and 68K320 controller) EISA version
with a similarly old EISA box, and I have the hope that changing some port
offsets and other minor stuff might be enough to get it at least running under
the old ultra14.c driver.
Has anybody docs for this clunker ? If so, could he/she judge the amount of
changes necessary? Currently, when just hacked to recognize the 124 as a 24F,
it apparently does the uha24_init, but once the XX_attach_devs tries to send
out INQUIREs, it is just blocks. Probably tickling the wrong registers.

Another one is that I'm currently unable to boot even from floppy when both
124F with configured disk AND an AHA1742 with bootable disk is
attached. The manual says that this should work, but does not describe
what the difference between the 124 being the primary or secondary adapter is
(disable BIOS, I'd guess ??).

I'm currently trying to look at the disassembly of the NT 3.5 drivers, to see
where coincidences are between 24F and 124F. Using the AHA1742 source in NT
DDK as reference, I can at least identify similar code parts. Not quite easy,
but since I began hacking 20 years ago with a 6502 board in hex, let's see...

Regards, Michael