Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:57:41 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Arrgh - Net-scrape your brains off the wall

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:12:40PM -0000, Duncan Barclay wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> Can anyone recommend a "stable" version of Netscape?

There isn't one, but using the linux version with java and javascript
disabled works pretty well for me.

Java has never worked properly from day one on any unix platform I've
tried - there are some black magic things you can do to not antagonise
it, which Terry can probably disburse forth on at length, if pressed
:-) In fact, I've had much better success with recent Linux Mozilla
snapshots and the JVM plugin - pity it's such a stupendous memory hog,
though.

Kris

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB--