Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:55:27 -0500
From:      David Banning <tracker@worldy.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Some problems on installations - FreeBSD 2.2.8

Hello - I've been toiling with my unix and my manual but cannot find
answers to my problems -

1. When I fire up xdm I get a huge login: and password: request in
graphics mode.
When filled out, the screen goes blank, and then just comes back
with the same screen. I cannot get rid of the screen at this point.
Is there a secondary passwd file for xdm?
I can't get another terminal or even reset the computer - I have
to power down!

2. When firing up fvwm2, rclock gives me the error;
"X11 TransSocketUNIX Connect: Can't connect: errno = 2"
do you know what this means?  - I hate to bother you with
these questions but believe me I have already spent a great deal
of time on these errors.

Thanks greatly!