Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:53:48 -0400
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/Resume not working on thinkpad T42

in message <20050616213320.GA12473@panix.com>, wrote David Scheidt
thusly...

> Suspend and resume (acpiconf -s 3) doesn't work on my T42 (a
> 2378-DXU).  Well, that's not strictly true.  Suspend seems to work
> fine, but resume doesn't.  The machine either doesn't resume at
> all, or it comes back but won't respond.  It worked in a 5.3 as
> off the first of the year.  I don't know when it broke.

Suspend/resume (S3) has been working for me ever since i started to
use it in 5.3 after some configuration.  Right now i am using
5.3-p16 on 2373-5TU (T42) machine.  I can suspend/resume from X or
console just fine.  BTW, In case of resuming directly in X, i have
to disable dri module, thus glx module.

You did not mention which version of FreeBSD you are using NOW, or
how you suspend/resume, or what happen on resume.

  - Parv