Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:09:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Duncan Patton a Campbell is Dhu" <campbell@neotext.ca>
To:        freebsd@ec.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dynamic Rules with IPFW

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:09:09 -0600

I use no check-states, just keep-state, and only
for DNS, soo,

${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to ${myip} 443 setup
${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to ${myip} 25 setup
${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to ${myip} 22 setup
${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to ${myip} 80 setup
${fwcmd} add pass esp from any to any

This passess https, smtp, ssh and http.    Seems to stay
up.   Do you need to deny established links for some
reason?

Duncan Patton a Campbell is Duibh ;-)

you wrote:

I use Dynamic rulesets with IPFW:

ipfw add check-state
ipfw add deny tcp from any to any established
ipfw add allow tcp from my-net to any setup keep-state

But I also have services I need anyone on the net to get to,
without me making a
 connection first from " my-net ". I allow such services with:

allow tcp from any to my-net 25,80,443 setup in via xl0
keep-state

This works fine for 25,80, and 443. However, when I apply the
same rule for SSH,
 and login to my box remotely, about 10 minutes later, the
connection just dies,
 and it dies with every connection. Removing the keep-state
option for ssh effec
tively closes 22 obviously.  Would check-state be a better
option here?

Michael