Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 06:37:50 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Dave Clarke CRP <djclarke@tssc.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Internet Access for Win95 LAN

> 1.      Each time a Windows 95 machine is rebooted the FreeBSD machine
> dials
> out to the Internet.  Any clues on how to stop this as we have to pay
> for each phone call.

	The reason this happens is because there is 'traffic' going over
the network, I think you answered your question down on questions #3.

> 3.      Is it necessary or desirable to use the FreeBSD as a local DNS
> server, if so can someone send some example config files as the examples
> in the FAQ and Handbook cause errors in named.

	Are you using your providers DNS? If yes, then it would be causing
your problem above. So you would want to set it up on the FreeBSD machine.
	Soo... what kind of errors are you getting?

							Rick