Date:      23 May 2002 16:41:27 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD for NFS mounts

Hi all,

Could someone please point me at a sample amd.map file that mounts NFS
shares automagically. I have an entry in /etc/fstab that works, and I
have the following section in my map file:

localhost/production type:=program;\
fs:=ourserver.ourdomain:/web/PRODUCTION_VIRTUALHOSTS;\
mount:="/sbin/mount_nfs mount /host/localhost/production";\
umount:="/sbin/umount umount /host/local/host/production"

In /etc/fstab, I have the following line:
ourserver.ourdomain:/web/PRODUCTION_VIRTUALHOSTS     \
/host/localhost/production      nfs     rw,noauto       0 0

I am starting amd as follows:
amd -a /.amd_mnt -c 3636 -l syslog /host /etc/amd.map

I am not seeing anything in the log when I try to change to this
directory. I am also unable to change to this directory. I get the
following message :
cd: /host/localhost/production: No such file or directory

Any assistance would be _MUCH_ appreciated.

Regards,

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    WINDOWS: Where do you want to go today?