Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:11:23 +0200
From:      Markus Hoenicka <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfburn fails with 'Undefined symbol "__malloc_lock"'

Quoting Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>:

> Upgrading between major versions requires all installed ports to be
> rebuilt, so they get linked to the new versions of the libraries.
> I suppose you missed this step, older apps may still work but there is a
> problem installing new ones.
>
> Please see the instructions at the end of section 24.2.3 (portupgrade etc):

This is why I'm at a loss here. I upgraded the base system from the
sources and then used portupgrade -af to rebuild all installed
packages. Right after upgrading the base system, essentially
everything from X to Emacs was broken (I tried, just for the heck of
it). After running portupgrade, these problems were all fixed - except
for xfburn.

> (AFAIR,  if you upgraded via source, you will also need to run make
> delete-old-libs in /usr/src after successfully recompiling ports)

I'll try that, as I've never seen this before. I definitely didn't do that.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka