Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:51:59 +0100
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bootable RAID Controllers

Sten wrote:

> Wether a raid controller is bootable depends on the srm support.

Thats what i ask about.. I have no clue which RAID controllers my srm
knowns. Actually I'm using the newest SRM which is available for this
machine (v5.8).

> Once FreeBSD is booted most raid controllers will work.
And how to configure the raid? Is it possible to move inside these
Configuration Utilityat boottime to configure the RAID? Otherwise how
should i use such a controller w/o the ability to configure the drives
within the controller configuration utility...

> Booting from ide/floppy is usally the easiest way.
Actually the machine boots from a Tekram DC 390U2W (SYM-895) Controller.
But i would like to have the whole Sysmtem on a RAID-5 Host drive.

  Greetings, Oliver Lehmann
--
Oliver Lehmann, lehmann@ans-netz.de, http://www.pofo.de/
  http://wishlist.pofo.de/