Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 14:17:22 -0700
From:      Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>
To:        "Questions List FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dual 3C590B config issue.

--------------E68A1101D3A0F6DF62D23903

Good afternoon.  How do I initialize the second card?

Quick summary:

-- The 3Com utility "3c90xcfg.exe" from a DOS bootdisk located both NICs
and the testing portion of the utility pronounced them fit for service.
-- I only have 3 cards in the box - video and two NICs - and have turned
off all unnecessary integrated peripherals (COM2, LPT1, etc.) so free
IRQs and DMAs aren't a problem.  Presently: "eth0"= IRQ5, 0x320,
"eth1"=IRQ7, 0x330.
-- First card, "eth0", initialized fine during the FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE
(What you call the June 99 CD set from Walnut Creek, right?).
-- Ran a test "deinstall/reinstall" of Communicator via FTP and all went
well.

Problem:

How do I add the second card (trying to replace a RedHat 2.0.36 IPMasq
server)?

-- Ran /stand/sysinstall and basically was presented with an opportunity
to modify the settings for the first card; the second one didn't seem to
be accessible.

Is there some command-line option I need to add to be able to configure
the second card?

Also, with regard to the "ls" command, is there a Web resource I can
reference to better understand it's range of functionality?  I am quite
conversant with the DOS/Novell "dir" command set (i.e.- "dir *.xxx /s /w
/p", etc.) and would like to be able to use "ls" to provide me with the
same type of information.

Thanks for all your help (and all the messages each day; believe it or
not, I try to read them all).

RAB

--------------E68A1101D3A0F6DF62D23903

begin:vcard
n:Bettle;Roy
tel;work:(949) 452-1203
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.criterion-group.com
org:Criterion Group, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:rbettle@criterion-group.com
title:President
note:Businesses that depend on computers, depend on us.
adr;quoted-printable:;;26895 Aliso Creek Road=0D=0ASuite B404;Aliso Viejo;CA;92656;USA
fn:Bettle, Roy
end:vcard