Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:57:02 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
To:        Grover Lines <grover@ceribus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with cvsup

Maxime Henrion wrote:
> Grover Lines wrote:
> > I've been battling this problem for about a week now and have reinstalled
> > every dependency of cvsup with no avail. Maybe someone knows what got
> > tweaked that's causing this to happen. I've also tried using different cvsup
> > servers with the same results. My other machine cvsups fine. Both are
> > running the latest current (June 15-16). I cant find any answers to on
> > google, only people with the same problems. Both machines are on the same
> > network also and are using tested working cables.
> >
> > hellhound# cvsup -g -L 2 main-supfile
> > Parsing supfile "main-supfile"
> > Connecting to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > Connected to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> > Negotiating file attribute support
> > Exchanging collection information
> > Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection Running Updating collection
> > src-all/cvs Server warning: Cannot open
> > "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/src/contrib/71#1f/eqn/eqn.h,v":
> > No such file or directory ^CCleaning up ...
> >
> > hellhound# cvsup -g -L 2 main-supfile
> > Parsing supfile "main-supfile"
> > Connecting to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > Connected to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> > Negotiating file attribute support
> > Exchanging collection information
> > Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection Running Updating collection
> > src-all/cvs TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection closed Will
> > retry at 14:12:59
>
> Use another mirror server, this one is definitely broken.

Oops.  Nevermind, I should have read your mail more closely.  If it does the
same on several servers, it is most likely memory corruption on your box.
It looks like you send garbage data to the CVSup server.  Is the box
working correctly otherwise?  Can it run make buildworld fine?  It might be
a hardware problem.

Cheers,
Maxime