Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:42:50 -0500
From:      "Grant Innes" <grant.innes@mirror-image.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   smbfs: kldload error

Hi Folks,

After installing smbfs from the ports collections I am running into the
following error when attempting to mount a drive using mount_smbfs:

# mount_smbfs //user@server/share /mount node
mount_smbfs: vfsload(smbfs): Exec format error

Trying to load the smbfs.ko module on its own yields this error:

# kldload smbfs
kldload: can't load smbfs: Exec format error

Has anyone had any success using this port or have any thoughts on why I
can't load the module? (I frankly don't know what that error means)

Thanks,

Grant Innes