Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:56:28 +0000
From:      Clem.Dye@wdr.com
To:        marko@uk.radan.com, rmarler@tomatoweb.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Re: Multi-Boot

Hmmm. I was planning a similar DOS/NT4.0/NT5.0/FreeBSD 3.1
installation on my test box, with the idea that FreeBSD be installed
on the second drive in its entirety but still using the NT
bootloader. (An aside: a nice way to see if FAQ is valid for NT5.0,
but I digress.)

I re-read the FAQ and the example shows how to use the NT bootloader
where FreeBSD is on the same drive. What it doesn't say (as far as I
can tell) is that FreeBSD has to be on the same drive as NT. At
least, that's my understanding. That leaves two questions, in my mind:

1) Is it possible to use the NT bootloader to multi-os boot where
FreeBSD isn't on the first drive?

2) If the answer to (1) is 'no', is it possible to use the FreeBSD
bootloader to boot DOS/NT etc. in addition to FreeBSD if the FreeBSD
install is allowed to update the boot record on the first drive?

Clem