Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 17:37:15 +1000
From:      Mike <Mike@perlguru.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH in 4.1 RELEASE for NonUS users

Since installing 4.1-RELEASE from my local Australian mirror and trying to
connect using SSH,
I get this message at the console:-

Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: ** RSAPrivateDecrypt: Unable to find an
RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so). Install the
/usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this program again. See
the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.
Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed

I've read large volumes of man pages/forums/mailing lists and I still can't
figure out what is going wrong. I tried installing the OpenSSH 2.1.1 port
and that gives the same response.

I also installed the crypto distribution using sysinstall and recompiled my
kernel to no avail.

Can anyone point me in a useful direction towards getting sshd functioning?

Mike