Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 19:46:28 EST
From:      GLOBALLINK2001@aol.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ONTOPIC - FreeBSD vs Linux, Solaris, and NT - Not a bunch of

hmmmmm... a very interesting point of view, you can copy source code, modify
the source code, and sell it, just re-sell it without modifying, download it
for free over the internet, make copies of it and give it out to your
friends, or sell it, but because you have to give out the name of the
original author, it's not "free software". i dont know about the rest of the
community, but to me free software is supposed to be free as in free of
charge, but that is just one part of it, maybe that is the most important
part for businesses, aiming to avoid licensing coses, and i am not saying it
is not important to me it is, but i always thought the most important part to
us (the community) was being able to study the source code, modify it to our
needs, get a level of understanding and customization we never could with a
"closed source" OS, and if i can get all that and all i have to do is include
the name of the great people who started all this, hey doesn't seem so bad i
probably would have gave them credit anyway ever without the license, to be
blunt it sound like you are trolling, looking for any excuse to make a good
thing bad, either that or just one greed person

                                                        -later
                                                                    Arthur