Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 16:02:24 PST
From:      "N. R.R." <robalama@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   netscape ftp problem

Hello all,

Heres the deal.

I went to netscape via ftp and found the unsupported netscape 4.5
version
and downloaded it.

The full name of the file was:

navigator-v45-export.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar.gz

and it downloaded the whole thing successfully.  However, when I went to
uncompress it, the file was named:

navigator-v45-export.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar

missing the ".gz" ending.  So, the problem is, how to I go about
uncompressing the file and setting it up in X-Windows?

Do I have to re-download it?  Everything seemed normal with the ftp
transfer, all the way down to the names and numbers, but on my system
that
is what happened.

Thanks for any help.

Neill rr4