Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:40:41 +0100
From:      Andreas Strobel <andreas.strobel@dbag.ulm.daimlerbenz.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ELF/a.out

Hi,
i installed the 3.0 Release of FreeBSD. I use the Accelerated-X and
OpenGL from Xi Graphics. Now I have the problem to compile my own
programms with the 3.0 Release. I think this is a problem of the
fileformats. 3.0 Realease uses ELF format and the OpenGL libs are in
a.out format. Is it possible to link ELF and a.out together? If it is
possible which compiler or linker comands i have to use. If it is not
possible is there a way to compile the whole 3.0 Release in a.out
format?

Thanks

Andreas

Andreas Strobel