Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:10:51 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, Amit Rao <infinite1@despammed.com>
Subject:   Re: ahd0: Invalid Sequencer interrupt occurred.

Ade Lovett wrote this message on Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 22:57 -0800:
> On Nov 11, 2005, at 12:51 , Amit Rao wrote:
> >0) Upgrade to Seagate 10K.7 drive firmware level 0008. That seems
> >to help. One "ahd sequencer error" message still appears at boot,
> >but after that it seems to work (with your fingers crossed).
>
> Of course, you then spend far too much time ensuring that any
> replacement drives are flashed appropriately (which, afaict,
> *requires* Windows to do), and also running the gauntlet of further
> problems down the road when you throw the drives into a new machine
> with a subtly different HBA bios.

obviously you haven't done any research or even talked with Seagate
about this issue...  Seagate has a Linux version of their Seagate
Enterprise Utility that allows you to flash their drives...

/me having had issues with the drives and successfully flashed drives
w/o using Windows.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579