Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 08:54:08 +0900
From:      Takanori Watanabe <takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp>
To:        Marc Nicholas <marc@netstor.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISA LM78 driver help

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.9905221943010.13140-100000@medulla.hippocampus.net>,
Marc Nicholas wrote:
>Hello there...
>
>I have an application where I require access to an LM78 "health monitor"
>chip on a certain type of industrial PC motherboard we use. Unfortunately,
>the LM78 is tied to ISA and not I2C/SMBus.
>
>Can anyone recommend a good framework to start writing a driver for this
>beastie? I've never actually written a driver before (*gulp*), so please
>treat me gently ;-)
>
>In essense, the chip sits at 0x290 with an address line at 0x290+5 and a
>data line at 0x290+6. I'd be happy writing a program that merely peeks and
>pokes in that address area, rather than a fully-fledged driver...
>
>TIA.

I have two imprementation about it.
One is userland imprementation based on code by Shimizu-san.
It is available at
http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/smbus/examples/xmbmon104.new.tar.gz
And I wrote experimental kernel driver for LM78.
http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/smbus/sys/lm-dist.tar.gz

Regards,
Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A