Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 15:03:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Steven P. Donegan" <donegan@quick.net>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: top/w/vmstat weirdness :-)

If make world did the proper things I wouldn't have wasted everyone's
time :-)

I cvsup the tree daily, make world every few days, and today was the
first time utilities like w, top, ps didn't function correctly. It's not
a big deal - this IS a development box so I don't care that things don't
work correctly - I'm just curious as to why a make world really doesn't.

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Steven P. Donegan wrote:
>
> > The question is - why did a make world NOT do these things. I do a make
> > world on this development box just about daily, and for some reason that
> > does not seem to really make the world.
>
> Erm a make world doesnt update them?
> Try a make clean then a make world?
>
> Chris
> --
> "You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
> driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't
> tell the difference between an ARP and a carp." --Wes Peters
>
> ===================================| Open Systems FreeBSD Consulting.
>    FreeBSD 3.0 is available now!   | Phone: (402)573-9124 / ICQ # 20016186
> -----------------------------------| 3335 N. 103 Plaza, Omaha, NE  68134
>    FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
>       http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting, Network Engineering, Security

Steven P. Donegan			email:	donegan@quick.net
Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer	ICBM:	N 33' 47.538/W 117' 59.687
WANG Global					(within 1 meter - 133 ASL)